On my 27th (sigh!) birthday seeing me all blue about getting older, a good friend asked me how my life has changed after I crossed my early 20’s. I was thinking about my late and early 20’s, and I thought why not write it down!
So in a nutshell, everything comes down to this :
- Just catching up with my besties became more fun that getting presents or even shopping (I still love shopping :P).
- The time I lived alone or with my friends was the time in my life I was truly free. Now it is a battle of bills and responsibilities; and ultimately the survival of the fittest.
- Planning my finance became a part of who I am.
- Drinking and clubbing became less fun when I hit the legal age to do all that!
- There was no more driving after drinking. There will always be one guy in the gang whose turn was to be sober, to get everyone home safe.
- Food habit became a healthy decision.
- Watching movies/shows I love, at home in my pajamas is a great idea for a good Friday night instead of getting dressed and hitting the club.
- Having to socialize sometimes became really exhausting and there always come a moment when I urge for a time out from everything and everyone.
- Social media was a way to meet people and stay in touch once upon a time. And now I see it ruining the social life of some where it really matters.
- I finally learned that I can’t please everyone. And I am finally okay with what people think about me.
- I learned that life does get better. And I don’t have the urge to have everything figured out right away. I have the patience to wait for things to come around.
- I learned that love takes a few chances till it finally hits hard.
- Life became less of an experiment as I moved further away from my early 20’s.
Wonder what 30’s going to bring 🙂
PS: I know am missing a lot of points. Feel free to pitch in 🙂